Monday, April 01, 2019

A-Z day 1 - A for A lot of things




A very precious friend of mine called up to remind me of April and the month long blogging fun it brings in tow. So it has become a custom of sorts for me to jump on the bandwagon to keep in touch with the creating side of me, if for nothing else. 

All aboard, so :) 

As I sit here, trying to get a grip on all that I want to create in this month, I experience a calm instead of being overwhelmed. This is a journey I embark to bring to life my many aspirations and having a commitment probably gets that a step closer to manifestation - so notwithstanding if I engage myself in a soliloquy in perfect solitude or if I have the handful of supporters walking along with me,  I make an attempt to find form to my many ideas and this challenge is going to give me the much needed nudge. 

As crazy cuckoo as I am, I wanted to create a comic strip ever since I fell in love with Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes. To me Watterson represents the epitome of talent and creativity. I comb through his every drawing, every word, every pause, every stroke of his pen and gasp at his prowess. And finally, after decades of that awe and an underlying intent to take his inspiration and create my own looney verson of a comic strip, I finally leap here - ending my contemplation, apprehension and self doubt. 

Thus I attempt my process of trail and error creating Bessie - the six year old young lady and her 'friend philosopher and guide' side kick Matt - a lion soft toy. I Initially intended for Matt to be a piglet. I thought it is more easier to draw and weave a story around a lion instead of a piglet, so he becomes a Lion. This is the first sketch of Bessie and Matt - who would probably metamorphose as I write and sketch on this month long journey. I am still undecided if Bessie needs a better hairdo, or she would rock a longer hairstyle or a more expressive face. 
First draft it is, and God willing, it would find its better version as I progress.

Bessie also has a friend Noah, Or Robyn or may be Liam. I am not sure what to call that dude - and ofcourse she'd have her parents and a favorite teacher  Miss.Rose , all of whom would get forms in the coming days.



So here's to Bessie and Matt - a super sincere tribute to my biggest inspiration and  Guru Bill Watterson and my bestie Calvin and his bestie Hobbes :-D

so A it is for Audacity, aspiration and Awe :)

2 comments:

  1. where did I see Bessie before? hmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You saw her huh! You don’t disappoint me <3

      Delete