Saturday, March 30, 2019

Choice



If words were playmates
I'd tag along with
Fun, wonder and adventure
If words were a buffet
I'd heap my plate
With sharing and gratitude
If words were jewels
I'd wear love around my neck 
And compassion studded on my ears
If words were an abode
I'd pitch my tent by peace and contentment
If they were suitors
I'd serenade unconditional and eternal
If words were friends
I'd choose cherish and support
If words were wedding vows
I'd slip duty and devotion 
As solitaires on my fingers.
If words were garbage
I'd discard judgement and hate
If words were a muse
In nature and creation I'd douse
If words were companions
I'd walk hand in hand with reflection and solitude.
And if they were to define me
These meager words
I'd merge with silence
And connect with the source.
Then I'd renounce my precious words
For I don't need them for once.

Pictured - The mighty tree by the window, Elphinston heritage building.

No comments:

Post a Comment