Thursday, September 13, 2018

Semusing #13 - Hinge

When you subscribe to something, specially when it is to doing something in a routine for a whole entire month, and that routine happens to be writing, thankfully, you get into a different mode of existing. I call it the 'muser' mode. Muse is each of nine Goddesses in Greek mythology. Nine goddesses, the daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne, who preside over the arts and sciences. So when I find myself in this amusing muser mode, I look at everything in a deeper, broader sense and seem to find findings that rehaul the outdated version of me. 

Yesterday, I woke up to a visual on my social media feed and boom - I was as awake as I could get, without the aid of my morning tea. Is this an epiphany? But of course. 

The picture made me laugh, smile and get up to a wonderful thought. Nine lovely ladies, demonstrating so many layers of life. It was one of those inspirations that seem to give you something in a perpetual stream of giving. And I got to doing what I could do best - comb through the visual cue and do my learning I'd come to do here, on this lovely planet.

I was imagining the fun it'd have been to conceive this idea, to brain storm it, to collaborate and to execute...Though I am no project manager, I have a mild clue of how it is to collab and get things flowing when more than one person is involved in a task. I find it hard to get three of my dearies to the dinner table at the same time.. you know where my empathy for bigger collab flows out of. So,  when I look at this perfectly orchestrated picture, I only sit and wonder how much of a sync these ladies would have had, to pull off something as metaphorical as this picture.  They seem to represent to me, the fine art of support, balance, cooperation and understanding - having each other's backs while not stopping at even bending backwards in offering the support. This is perhaps, a lovely example of how we can cruise through the ups and downs of life, only if we snap out of our cocoons of being upright and secure. Only if we look at others with an empathetic eye, only if we give up our right to be right or in the right spot all the time.

Life is a breeze, said no one. It is an avalanche, a tornado of sorts. But with a few hinges on our backs that support us, get us and pull us up, we'll be back on track simulating a breeze out of a tempest. Here's to the fighting, helping human spirit, to understanding, to finding fun in our daily cares and most importantly, to the fulcrum called friendship that has our back, no matter the position we are forced into, in this tricky game called existence. Long live the biggest bond of all.


Footnote - So, fair warning friends- I'll use anything you say or do in my writings and give them my own spin - (but if it happens to be something I need to seek permission to reproduce, like the picture above - I'll do it before I use it - Thanks to my friend Prashanthi for the generous allowance of using the nine Muses for my musing and to her army of lovely friends - to each of you, a big cyber hug! God bless your camaraderie and may you all continue to spread your light, touch more lives and inspire the likes of me )




No comments:

Post a Comment