Tuesday, September 11, 2018

# 10 - Inspired

As I soak up a lot of literature based on Spirituality, Philosophy and Mysticism, I renew my ever new awe toward nature and its magnificence.  I get very moved by human creativity, be it a writing, a painting, a building or an app. But lately I consciously realize that almost everything a human being creates stems from the inspiration of Godly creation. I have this white tiger cub soft toy, that makes every one fall in love with its black and white contrast and blue eyes resembling lucid lakes by the Swiss alps. Isn't it amusing how we cannot get enough of what God creates and we make an attempt to hold on to that beauty a little longer by paying a tribute of recreating it in our own humble way? A friend of mine laughs at all the motifs I have on my serve ware. Butterflies, bumble bees, dandelions, irises, dragonflies and lady bugs. "You are so intrigued by insects" She laughs. Truth be told, I gasp at every little aspect of the Creator's magnum opus and wonder if it is just His ploy to make us all swoon over his ability. As if he scatters millions of miracles around our pathways of life, amid all those big and little challenges, heart breaks and sorrows we are encountered with. It is probably his divine design to carefully, with the calculation of an expert, place them in strategic spots to remind us that no matter what we create, what we achieve or what we attain - the ultimate power, intelligence and bliss lies in his hands. When I came across this picture of the Kadambam flower, shot by a photographer friend, I had a brain freeze for longer than a moment. The intricacy of its arrangement, the precision, the perfection brought into focus the purpose of human life. It is perhaps these coping mechanisms that make our lives worthwhile - to stop and to stare, to smell the roses, to inhale the misty morning air, to feel the evening breeze caress our faces, to let the sunrise tranport us to the bliss and solace of nature.

It fills me with joy that I can never recreate in words. But I try never the less. Cause they say imitation is the biggest form of flattery. So let me indulge the Supreme up there with a humble tribute in meager wordage.

The ochre shades
Blurring the illusion of the world
Bringing to light
His divine delight.
It's worth many a lifetimes of earthbound maladies
Just to swoon over his craftsmanship.
But make this my last stop
And I promise to gasp at Your every stroke
Soaking it all and basking in your enormity
Floating like an speck of dust
Longing to embrace the Grace.



Pic Credit - Chaithanya Kanni

1 comment: