Sunday, June 14, 2020

Contagious



I wear a mask now
A literal one
Meant in the literal way!
The figurative counterparts
Laugh in mock.
I live in a bubble now
Looking through the opening
Guarding life
By shunning to live.
The delightful irony
Laughs out loud
As empty lanes
Dwindle into eerie homes
I carry a shield now
Guarding me from what can be
Carefully concealing who I am
To what I was.
The existing distances
Between people
Get visible now
Just like the masks we wear
The fears, the worries
Take forms and shapes
Erasing the lines 
Between real and the reality.
I smile with my eyes now
Hoping someone can see it, feel it
And then I sigh with my soul now
Realizing how an invisible smile
Can't be see, when the visible ones escape visions.
I live a little more now
Probably, this is what the materialization 
Of the abstract taught me.
I love with my every cell now
May be the take away is finally taken.

Photo by Gustavo Fring from Pexels

1 comment: