Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Day 8 - Happiness is yours for asking


This is what I call life coming a full circle. You make your little Bessie live a life with an imaginary friend philosopher and guide Matt, and you yourself make conversations with imaginary readers in here - talk about life imitating art or vice versa. No one knows what imitates what, like the rhetorical question "Egg first or the chicken?" But it gives you immense joy all the same. Which brings me to the ponder of the Hour - 'Happiness'

If there is anything I teach my first born on a repeated basis, I teach her just this "Don't depend on anyone for your happiness. It dwells inside you. It thrives in the way you look at life and not in the way life looks at you." A few months ago, when I blogged about a quote that read 

"He said it's all in your head. I said, so is everything but he didn't get it" 

I have to confess that I didn't get it as well for the truest sense of it. I knew that most of our lives are lived out of our heads but I didn't fathom the fact that absolutely all of it is lived in there. The responses we choose, the reactions we nurture and the perspective we look at things with, would make up for this experience called life. I think it is actually kind of unfair to vest our happiness in a person or a goal or a dream for that matter. It all leads to that same spiritual road I embarked upon lately - that we are a speck of the infinite and all the intelligence that the nature has within itself, we have within ourselves. It is just what we choose to dwell upon, give power to and choose to flow with. 



So pretty peeps, keep a guard on that savage brain that generates the narrative to every occurrence outside of us. It is the mind playing its maze to make us lost in the drama of this illusory cosmic plan. And, Happiness is there within. Seek it inside, in silence, in stillness and in being aware - and pretty much every care we face is solved!

And, now to the afterthought on the underpinning of my comic strip - It is still in the "I just want to do it" mode without putting enough effort, but I see that Bessie looks messy. A heroine needs a better facade for sure - and that Matt, he needs to be more extinct and exotic. I'll work on some Trex sketches today and see how they can evolve for tomorrow for day 9 In I for "Imagine"

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I was wondering where you were going with the second quote about "it all being in your head". I've spending a lot of time thinking about happiness (amongst other feelings) and what you really shared in this post really resonated with me. Thanks! :)

    With Love,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete