Monday, March 18, 2019

The Road Taken

                                           
It was a hazy dawn
Filtered by the flirty fog
I take off on a sojourn 
A stimulus for this travelogue

I go mum, falling short of speech
Silence plays my copilot
Immense peace, my comrade.
Awe douses my every breath,
Marvel oozes out every pore.
I stay still, soaking the calm
I couldn't ask from life, any more.

But the giver He is, he heaps his grace
His benevolence brings a deep solace,
My eyes bestowed with a film of mist
What virtues of mine gifted this tryst?
As each revelation leaves me in bliss
I stay mute and fall into the abyss.

Stretches of land being grazed by the dawn
Orange torch blazes the morn
Crystal waters, infinite sky
With flecks of birds chirping as they fly
I feel inadequate for the lack of wings
That launch me out into His arms.
Just as I feel a flutter in my gut
I realize flying props are optional
When the soul soars up unstoppable
Propelled by His formidable blessing.

I walk the trail, the rugged path
The road that was taken before me and beyond
Muddy footprints keep me company
While the lap of nature cradles me in incubation.
I stay present, I stand my ground
Being in the now, Being in the know.
For He that's my divine founder
For He that's my friend and guide.
I renounce my cares, I walk the trail
Of the Road taken
But unfolding like it was meant for just me
Beyond the land and beyond the sea
Those footprints, they usher me forward
Experience - my ultimate reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment