Friday, March 22, 2019

Alter ego

                                 
I look for familiarity
TO clutch on to, like the soft toy
That manifests into security,
In a distancing world
Where I stand out, like a misfit.

The sea beckons
Shape shifting like only she could
Sometimes like the mist
And then like a tide
Further along, like a typhoon.

Her tiny form sliding on the blade of grass
In her transparent glory
Looking like a solitaire fit for a queen's earlobe.
Her force hitting the earth in Hale
Or like the ambient mist
Veiling the horizon.
Her grace gurgling along creeks
Her Rhythm, rattling on the rooftop
and slipping through the window pane.

She is agile, versatile
Contained in her container, or
Flowing with the current
Fleeting, filling, fueling
The stubborn earth
With her essence.

She dons the garb of music
Gurgling in my tabletop fountain
She hydrates my insides
slipping through the throat
Nurturing the gut that churns
Numerous puny thoughts.

I become one with her, the Water
She becomes my muse 
I imitate her
My heart flowing like a tributary
Into her vastness
My thoughts shapeshifting
Aspiring to be a bit of what she is
If not the ocean, if not the river
If not the stream or even the creek
I am content
To be a drip in the faucet
Tipping down in monotony
Dreaming of being like Her
Taking shapes of my muse
Now like a dew drop
Now like a lake
Writing on her surface
Now there, now vanishing
Flattering her, with my paltry imitation.


Pic - The pacific coast




No comments:

Post a Comment