Saturday, March 16, 2019

Purpose


I spot her, among the many miracles 
Punctuating the walking trail
Amid aquamarine waters
Topped with diamond froth,
Emerald grasses grazing the footsteps.

She looks like a fleck
With an aura larger than her dainty form
Like a blueprint for a camp fire
Or the orange ball blazing the skies.

Wildflower, like the queen lioness 
Packs her presence despite her littleness 
Living her finite lifetime
In her obliviousness
Spreading herself unconditionally 
Unfamiliar with her own magic.


As I arrest my thought and connect with her being
A purpose ties us like a mystic web
This meeting was a cosmic pact
For her to feed my awe
And for me to freeze her grace

Those ombre petals inspire my words in praise
A gist that fits in my pincer grasp
Yet surpasses everything I am
And every word I string.
I humbly surrender to her highness 
The tiny bloom that blessed my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment