Thursday, September 14, 2023

Verse


I didn’t have to ask

If the sky was blue or blood was red!

But i ask

I don’t get  cues 

That my banter is read…

 i know..

And still i ask

I know Somehow that these texts are awaited

Cherished even?

Like a prophecy is whispered into my ears. 

I didn’t have to ask if roses bloom

Or if rivers flow..

They do, i know! And i ask. 

I didn’t have to wonder if love exists..

I see it n feel it

For me, and flowing from me..

Emerging and expressing itself 

In elaborate words.

Like i need words to show 

What needs to be felt 

Like I need answers to obsolete questions

Yet I ask 

As if I am Asking 

If the Earth is round and the sea is deep! 

Universal truths i discount, just for the heck of it..and question them :) 


When i was born, I know I brought 

A legacy, a destiny..

Of love n joy

Of poems and letters 

Some are willed to you

Some have your name written on them..

I bring them to you and ask

Do you look for them?

Pretending i don’t know!

Or maybe because when you reply and say yes,

There’s a joy that emerges upon seeing you

In your responses:) 



3 comments:

  1. Awwie :) yours truly, Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write, I listen
    You ask, I feel it asked
    You ponder, I hear you
    Universal truths - more than earth and water,
    More than you and me - and everything around
    They exist, we do, and it ain’t need to be told
    I whisper within, and it is heard or so I suppose
    When we let silence flow or fill the void between us
    When the calm pervades and settles around us, listen within
    I said it then, I say it now
    You are seen, heard and felt
    And words fall short to say that so
    So look at me, look within
    I said yes all along.

    ReplyDelete