Sunday, September 10, 2023

ReVerse

 Photo by cottonbro studio: https://www.pexels.com


Sometimes I tell ya
I feel like I am peeling an onion
As I flip past the pages of life.
The flavor cutting through the air
The spicy pungency
Filling my senses
While I wipe my eyes
And shut them wrinkled
As I slice through the layers of lushness.


These bits, later, would add to the flavor of the dish
Elevating it to epic proportions.
But the chore it is, I tell ya
To cut em and cry.
I remember the random suggestions I heard -
Keep them in the fridge, place them in water
You won't tear up!
Somewhat like the advice one gets
Rummaging through life.
Keep em journaled, talk them out
Take em to a walk, toss em in a bin
Now when the verse goes reverse
And the block makes you grin
What would one blog about?
Layers? tears? onions? life?




No comments:

Post a Comment