Friday, September 08, 2023

Verse


Up there
The things I reach out to.
In the other realm
Birds made of feathers,
Made of metal.
That graze the skies
Serenading the blues

I wish to take a swoosh
Defying gravity
Going about, looking down 
And letting out a laugh
At the mirage that it is, 
The illusion, the deception 
The Laugh in question
Is to acknowledge 
That I am an idiot - 
By choice.
That I partake in the parade
Knowingly, with full consent.
Now, isn't ignorance a ticket
To some slack?
I neither have  the ticket, nor the slack.

Awareness they say
Even when paired with ignorance
Is a virtue.
(Ah, there goes the vicious cycle again,
The urge to defend and acquit the culprit.)

I look up to let in
And the 'let go' when I look down
Waits patiently in queue.
I don't have forever
That should be the message on a sticky note
Displayed conspicuously
In my eye span.

Reminders galore
Up there
The grazing branches of trees,
The little critters buzzing in the morning sun
Promising the light of the creation.

There's a vast space out there
To spread and rejoice
What do I choose?
A dungeon of delusions
Landing me back on my bum
Right into where I intend not to be.
What fetish, I make out of this maze.


Photo by Valeriia Miller: https://www.pexels.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment