Thursday, September 07, 2023

Talk


Would you  get me
If I talked in pictures?
I said nothing
And flashed images.
Would you get me
If I talked in silence
Filing my nails.
Polishing them and stealing a glance
From the couch I plonk in 
As I wait for the varnish to dry.
Would you get me
If I said I had to say nothing
But I was fibbing
And am dying to pour it all out!
Would you get me if I sat idle
Did nothing!
Said nothing.
Just lingered around
Like the smell of a fragrance
After the person had left the room.
Would you get me if I am trying not to be gotten
Sulking, throwing a mute fit of sorts.
Would you get me if I ignored you
As a means to get noticed by you.
Would you clean my mess
And hug me for 30 seconds.
Yes, just 30 seconds.
That's all it takes to regulate emotions
I was told, by someone qualified to tell.
What amusement it is
That all that can't be gotten 
While wanting to be gotten
But pretending to not to
Can be cured with something
As simple as
A hug.


 Photo by Whicdhemein - Pexels.

No comments:

Post a Comment