Monday, September 04, 2023

Ode to Gobi - (The Cauliflower )


 

I sit here and wonder, looking at thee

How, holy miracle you are borne on a tree..

A plant, a bush or on foliage you occur

I sit here and wonder of the emotions you stir

I fry you - frittered, doused in corn starch

I devour you in November, I devour you in March!

Then I grate you and stuff you in pockets of bread

I gobble up, yummy gobi - with a yoghurt spread


I look to spot you in farmer markets' stalls

There's plenty of bounty but I hear your calls

Beckoning to me to come take you home

Oh tasty cluster of flowers, shaped like a dome.

Now I see how the world obsesses by my side

chopping you to feign grains and calling you the upside

Of avoiding starches and filling the tummies

with flavor and fun and all thing yummies.


Now crust you become, on a pizza of all things

Now base you become and give me happy wings

To launch myself into a vegetarian eden

Your virtues they line up from China to Sweden

Now if I had to pick a food and call it a fave

If I have to look for a  muse and string verses of rave

You come to rescue on the plate and the blog

You serenade the senses you clear the brain fog.



Pictured - Gobi (cauliflower) Parantha from my humble kitchen to accent my humble blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment