Wednesday, April 07, 2021

Day 8 - A-Z - F for Friend


 As I sit by the table
Grub filling my gut
Spirits flow free
In liquids and essence
Descending abundant blessing
Upon this form
And then I cogitate
Over the count
Of these endowments on the existence.
How do I tally the ways?
That fortunes graced me
In mediums big and small
Tiny and tall.
To every one of you
That had called me a friend
For a moment or for years to no end
For a duration and for perpetuity
For picking up my untimely calls
Feeding my soul, when test befalls
Staying by my side in real and in linger
For enriching my life, my home, ,my living room, my garden
And above all my soul
With tales of laughter, 
Of love
Of presence and the Presents
Your friendship bestowed upon
This favored life.
I can string a puny verse
Offering this Universe
Lorry loads of flying kisses.
Just because
I had been the chosen one
To cherish your Fraternity.

Of all the blessings I have recieved
O Friend, you lead the list.

Photo by cottonbro from Pexels

No comments:

Post a Comment