Monday, April 26, 2021

A-Z V for Vagaries


I was half inclined to flake out of the challenge today. I know, the last lap. We are almost at the end of it and my commitment to commitment wasn't holding steam in the face of what my heart is going though as I broadcast my innermost pain in a public platform. I need a purge. There's a lump stuck in my throat.

But, the show that it is, and the 'must go on' factor kicks in, I feel the need to say what needs to be said when it could be said. My heart is missing a piece, my soul feels an inexplicable void as we bid a final good bye to our most loved friend and guide that had played the role of a blood bond in our lives, walked with us through thick and thin and loved us and our kids like his own.

SM - my dear soul brother - you'll be missed. I wanted to see you back from the ordeal and hug you once you got back to all of us. Since that isn't going to happen now, I send you a chunk of my heart. Soar high and guard us from above. Our days aren't going to be the same in your absence.

And my dear cyber brethren - live it up and love like you are going to lose it. One day we all are going to lose it and we never know, That one day could be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment