Thursday, April 15, 2021

A-Z April - M is for Many things.

 


As I maneuvered through a very jam packed day, my mind kept going back to today's entry here. I really, really wanted to sketch a Matt and Bessie comic strip for today and I also thought of what they'd do and say - but there was a spontaneous energy the day had and I had to stream with it and put off the blog till the 11th hour, quiet literally. And when I think of what to write under this M header, nothing else came to mind. For a bit. And then, everything started coming at once so I decided to make a Multi many M for the day.

I recently put down Eckhart Tolle's 'A New Earth' and this time around, I really combed through the book, like I was doing some kind of a research project on what he had to say in there. The results are this new fond, and hopefully not temporaray moments of being Mindful. Tolle says that whatever moment we are in, is the purpose of our life. So, for now, my purpose is to write this blog, after which, my purpose would be to rest. In other words, he advices and does it like a broken record, to be in the present moment, devoid of all mental banter. I can go on and on about this topic, but the other Ms in the Matrix beckon to me. So,off I go.

I have many dear friends by God's grace - M is probably one of the dearest. He and I go back to quarter  a century of friendship, which had been nothing less of wonderful. M and I don't constantly stay in touch, but when we get in touch, the time and distance melts into a heap of nothing. Of all the things I feel profoundly grateful for, M features in one of the few top slots. He has had my back through thick and thin and cherishes our bond of friendship like a blood bond. When I think of M, I feel safe, loved and blessed. So dear M - Thank you becomes a small word to offer for everything you gave me.

Talk about Meals and my ears perk up. Just today, on a week night, I got this opportunity to host some special friends over for dinner. The plan was sudden but when it comes to making meals, I take it up like a mission or a prayer perhaps. I thank God for my love of cooking and serving. Without which my life would have been a little less fulfilling. 

Mommy dearest, aka the mother board turned a year older a few days ago. The more I age, the more pronounced it becomes, her influence on me. As different as mom and I are, I realize, so we are similar. A chunk of any merits I seem to have, I have to trace them back to her. She had inspired by example and left this huge impact on me that I am ever thankful for. Mommy dearest is someone that had moulded me to who I am today. 

Before I call it a day, I would like to bring in another M - Mojo - I cannot for the life of me, figure out where mine comes from - so I give up and blame it on my Mentor - or Guru. Baba of Shirdi is one of those great souls to have walked on our planet and to call him my Mentor, I feel like the luckiest, most blessed soul in the world.

And by the way - Maya it is. This whole circus we call life. Never forget that, and if you did, which you definitely would - look no further than Meditation.

Meditation is cracked up to be this, that and what not. It is no rocket science, no math problem - It is. It just is. It just is being in this moment. Try it. Be here. 

And the Magic unfolds here.

Merci! ;)


Photo by Polina Tankilevitch from Pexels



No comments:

Post a Comment