Thursday, June 11, 2020

Quest



One day I set out to find a trinket
A pick me up to brighten my day
May be I would display it on my desk
To offer me a flash of inspiration 
When the block smashes the blog
And I sit feeling abandoned by the creative Gods.

I looked far and wide
Near and here 
The world is an overflow of things that stir
Only if the coolers you wear don't become the blinders
Only if the universe isn't fit into the blind spot in this Ego ride.
What if the brains fail? We do have jump-starters for asking
So I set out, armed with my irises and a lens
And looked to open the treasure trove of revelations.

I spot lush foliage
With etched edges and pronounced outlines
If the creator worked his magic on each humble leaf
I must after all be able to recreate a small heap of words
To imitate his craftsmanship, I thought.
And I thought well I suppose.
As I catch a humming bird hovering above a bloom
Looking like machinery in motion, suspended in mid air
His lurid wings holding me hostage
In mesmerized awe, I freeze.

The penalty, or reward I know not what
Was a capture of the bird on a well timed lens.
I marvel at the detail, swoon at the vibrancy
The thought of the trinket escapes the confines.
Who needs idols when the ideals shine bright?
Who needs ornaments to adorn and spruce
When expression tumbles down in a wordy jumble
I throw blocks to wind and weave a repose
Of something in between a verse and prose.

I know not to write odes - I am no Keats
Each time I attempt to praise I face many defeats.
But sincere reverence stages a sentiment of its own
And sings praise of the creation, discovering the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment