Tuesday, June 09, 2020

View


Along the sunny path, the green expanse
Life unfolds in leisure.
Like ladybugs crawling on tender leaves
The world passes by
Now there's a couple in their twilight years
Holding hands and walking like they are fused
I wonder what that fusion had seen
Had undergone, living through in sickness and health.
I marvel at how love grows within
Amid struggles, let downs and let gos
Always sprouting again like blooms in spring
Resilient, all encompassing
Enduring life's brutal winter chills.

Kids swing in absolute glee
Raising their feet up, like they are grazing the sky
Mothers push them and join their laughter.
I catch the glimpse of a dad teaching a daughter to bike,
Holding her secure, while the tot cautiously pedals
These very lanes see a role reversal
As I watch another man holding his mother's hand 
While she walks with a stick in tow
Taking steps in slow motion.
The tenderness between the space they share
Vibrates like a shield of love
Sprinkling some on me, as I pass by
What a blessed sight to behold.

Along this path roses bloom in unison
The grass beams in a lush shade of green
Fitness freaks jog by like energizer bunnies
I trace their paths, looking to see when they'd stop to catch their breath.
A small group of kids run to the ice cream truck parked nearby
The highlight of their summers perhaps,
 To get a bite into those frozen delights
As their parents lounge in their picnic chairs
Talking of life, work or the book they are reading.
Retro music blasts in a nearby spot
I see aged uncles and aunties swinging their hips
What yearning to keep their spirits up
What grit to keep their energies high
Age is just a number - I remember
As they wave at me and wish flashing bright smiles.

On this trails I see splashes of laughter
Tender loving care in snapshots of little moments
That make up the collage of the lives meaningfully lived.
In these very moments, trivial and tiny
Is probably where true joy dwells. 
I walk back and forth inhaling the breeze
And the little details of fulfilling souvenirs
That we all would display on our hearts mantles
As days roll by and  decades become past tense.
Along this bright walk way
Life's meaning unfolds
And I stop and stare, a smile curving my lips
And marvel at the simplicity of the anatomy of bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment