Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Verse


As I walk the life's streets
And watch the sunset
I realize
That one day this I the identity
Will leave these lanes
Flying away to a nowhere, no one that has seen
Had been seen.
I wonder over the sentiment
"The Show must go on"
And imagine a sunrise and a sunset
In these very streets
One melting the haze setting up sheets of backgrounds
One curdling the light into a dim darkness.
Both would be there, I wouldn't.
But My knowing gives the knowledge a twist.
Will I go on
More than this make believe prop
That is there but isn't?
"Just close your eyes, you'll find proof!"
The inner voice whispers.
I see the dusk in a new light
More illuminated than any dawn
For the smog has risen
Over my being!
Letting the peace in.
I'll go on - Like an eternal show
In an eternal moment.
The props look like they are going on...
I have no issues with them.
I let them serenade me with their charm
I let me not slip away in their chase.
I am an infinite light
Passing through a finite sight!
And The show, I know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment