Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Day 16 - P for Poem

Let me propose a toast
To the coping mechanism of my life
Those many lines etched onto my heart
That flowed out of mighty pens,
Letting new perspective
To life's little maladies
Fine tuning my vision
Through this corrective lens called verse
Unfolding the beauty of living
Armed with the map of wordings
Making me sigh and gasp
From falling in love
Over and over again,
When the world is captured and confined
To the elegance of expression.
Daffodils looked brighter
Unheard melodies sweeter
I learn that love doesn't alter when confronted with an alteration.
Idle tears gathered in my heart and raised to my eyes
As I heard a strain that filled the Vale profound,
The dark and deep woods beckoned
And I gather I have miles to go
It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
When I wandered lonely as a cloud,
While my soul shook in the power of phrasing.
Let me attempt gratitude
To all those line that softened my insides
Glorified my outsides
A lowly tribute I pay
With a cheap but sincere imitation
To my soul food,
Poems.

Pic courtesy - with many thanks to Dhiren Shah.

No comments:

Post a Comment