Wednesday, June 02, 2021

reVerse


Through the looking glass,

Through the image if an I,

The illusion 

I see more of them, those delusions 

Filtered in sunshine

Feigning more facades.

I kick up my feet, giving them a respite

From treading through thorny pavers

Uncased in flesh strolling in a maze, 

Encased in spirit, trying to unravel the tangles.

Through the crystal ball, I see

Seeking answers to rhetorics.

Does true love exist, beyond allegories 

That adorn the walls…some above and some below

Some woven to represent a heart 

Some framed in the voids of the walls

Urging the illusion I

To seek! 

What does the I see?

What does the I listen in those silent speech bubbles

Violently adamant!

Nothing but the rhetoric echoing

Making the I speechless at its own irony!

No comments:

Post a Comment