Tuesday, April 20, 2021

A-Z April - Q for Quiet the riot!

 


One of my many Spiritual masters - Ramana Maharshi said "The Highest instruction is transmitted in silence" Now, the customary dragging of my spiritual side into this banter has become quiet the ritual here, so the irony that my life is, I keep bantering and going in an incessant blah blah while wanting to dwell in the Quiet. Since this noise is a given, I should as well make it like I mean it. Isn't it? So I tackle the Qu with a hodgepodge of Qus' I say Qu since there isn't a word that could be spelt with Q without the u in tow - kind of like how my every noise is spelt with an intense intent to be silent. Makes sense? Or not Quiet?

Quality - the next word in my Qu Queue. In one of my recent reads, a modern spiritual master urges us to be in the present. The process of doing something is the purpose of doing it, he means to say - as in giving the hand on task our 100% attention without the end in mind. In other words, we should quiet the mind and do our duty with the concentration of a monk and that brings in the quality component to everything big and small we take up or touch. 

Quest - What's yours? Mine is nothing. I have a quest, for nothing. For that calm in the mind, for that Zen, that full stop on the mental chatter. One day, I'll be nothing. I'm Quiet sure of that.

Quick - Be quick. Quick in giving and forgiving. Quick in helping, quick in loving. Quick in acting on that noble intentions - life is not just short, It is chaotically short. We are not sure of tomorrow. The now is where we should be, living it up - so don't put off that spreading of love. 

Be quick, the clock is ticking.

Quaintness is something I love. Transport me to that word and I am in a mini mind vacation, smack dab in the center of a meaningless banter. Yes, I am quirky. Ask my parents, my besties, ask my first born - they'll vouch for it. Or just stick till the end of this. Don't let this balderdash quell you, and voila, you'll have proof without asking my near and dear.

What was I saying? Oh yeah! Quit that procrastination. We are not guaranteed anything in life except this very moment. This is it!

Quote - I won't end this with tonight. Instead, let me add a quirky twist - let me make this quintessentially me and not surprise myself by being coherent. 

Let's move on to exhibit # 1


I cannot get over the perfection of this face - Isn't it like one of God's prized creations? I mean, that chin! That master stroke. I know this perfection of a specimen doesn't start with a Qu But the starting rhymes with a Qu - Ladies and Gentlemen - Jude law! one word. Wow!

I don't have pictures handy of exhibit # 2 but I see a similar kind of perfection in my second born's eyes - Lush lashes and the darkest of peepers with a sparkle that is unmatched. I know, it's a mother speaking - so please discount that, and this whole quasi blog entry.

I have no qualms about how nonsensical this is. I know it at least. I am not in denial.

I'll stop quipping now. I know it isn't funny. It is pathetic!


1 comment:

  1. Just coming to visit after my online meditation group, and I like the Quiet part a lot.

    Beth
    https://bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete