Friday, January 08, 2021

Obverse

 
Once upon a Christmas morning

An Elf so benevolent 

Worked overtime to load Santa’s sleigh

He wrapped a pair of feet

In red velvet Ballet shoes

Topped them with a silver bow

With sparkles and a golden glow!

By the chimney the pair waited

With many blessings and a breath baited

As they lent themselves to my unassuming frame

Bestowing a gift, realizing a dream.

The pair of feet

Lead  me to nowhere

Nothing awaits, no form no care.

I glided through pavers of love

Stopped and stared and inhaled  the magic above.

Once upon a Christmas morning 

Bliss knocked my socks off  

I was transformed to a land far off

A benevolent Elf slogged his heart off

To deliver a present 

The present!

Firmly planted there in, a pair of feet!

A grateful heart and a dream complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment