Saturday, June 06, 2020

A backlog, commitment and tribute to - H for Halcyon



I have a task, a life's purpose
I seek your grace, Kindly oblige
The force that you are, you can swallow me alive
But humble and meek, your assistance I seek.
A tiny fleck that I am, like a droplet in your volume
I laugh at my own audacity - look whom I am set to charm!

Borne out of hope, bearing progeny
I take up on the mission of building an abode
Look where I have come, into your fine and fierce presence
I seek to shelter under your waves of persistence.
Don't lap me in, let me stay afloat
Let me nurture my young, in this tempest - be my lifeboat.

Oh, where is the meek to go to seek
Other than to the brave and the bold
You house a universe of species I was told
In your belly and inside your depths
It seems there's a world that unfolds.
Who am I, what do I measure up to?
I only hope to tend to my little brood.

Give me some calm, give me some quiet
Give me a hand hold, so in your might I delight!
Make a little room for me, a teeny tiny spot
I shall stay in my place in the space you allot.
I'll float like a twig, glowing in the winter solstice
Once my fledglings emerge, I shall bow to my hostess
Your blessings I seek in my pursuit lofty but weak.
Be my patron - coexisting in this vastness.
As I fulfill my purpose, as I redeem my existence.

And long after this episode, you and I would linger
In forms and in abstract - inspiring legends
When they think of me, they think of grit
When they think of you, they think of grace.
In the embrace of this grit and grace
Dreams and hopes emerge, life missions merge.
For you'll be the mighty and I'll be the mild
You'll be the force, I'll be destiny's child.

Picture by Wendy Wei - Pexels

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done. Excellent take on what it could really be vs what it would have seemed to be. Kudos ArtisMom.

    ReplyDelete