Friday, May 29, 2020

Verse


Lost in the woods
Of volumes of books
I seek myself
Lingering in many lives, many emotions
In knowing and learning.
Lost in the pages 
Of  numerous binders
I relish the unknown
Like a first hand experience
Etched on the heart, sketched on the soul.
I transition in a life cycle
From larva to a Monarch.
I swim across oceans, I dive into craters
Lost in the stacks, in the tightly packed racks
I flip through pages like days of a many lifetimes.
All lived, zipped into paperbacks
Tucked into hardcovers.
I see illustrations pulling me in 
Opening doors to human imaginations
Unleashing awe of many creations.
Through dogeared piles
Through browned calico bound stacks
I transform and tread
From a mendicant to a monk
From a pauper to a princess.
From gullible to guarded.
Lost I say, but what a trope that!
Found perhaps is a better fit.

Pictured - Municipal Law library - Munich.

No comments:

Post a Comment