Saturday, April 25, 2020

A-Z April - Day 21 - V for Va Va Voom



Spring has sprung - and Finally! I don't feel anything else as intensely as I feel spring. (Or I am compelled to feel) There's a tingling warmth in the air that urges one to go for that old tee and lounging pants. The eyes respond endlessly, making their physical presence felt with an itch that almost feels like a tickle. There's a sense of well being and then there's a sense of being under the weather. There's options in OTC allergy meds and then there are side effects that almost make you feel like it is a 'lose lose' situation because you are either plonked by the allergies or by the antihistamines.

Thug Life.

And somehow the mojo dons the lethargy too.

If you know me well, you know how I am a wannabe monk. If you skim through my writings and deduce any sense off of them, you might also know that I am heavily inspired by my spiritual findings and quest lately. So as I type my head off catching up with V, I had this sudden whack to write about something that is very unusual of me. Pray what I find on my YouTube suggestions? A gossip columnist and Rahul Khanna. My senses do a pop and I get into a detour I am happy to get into and watch this poetry of a Man in conversation. Why not make him my muse for the day I thought?

Life is a balance. And mine had been one since I remember. I was a very 'aware' child with controlled emotions. I didn't react to things much. I observed them and my experience of those observations were my reward. When my teen years hit, I had few (but lasting) crushes. Rahul Khanna wasn't your quintessential teen crush. He wasn't even main stream in the 90s. So my eclectic tag comes handy here I guess and as little of print and media I was exposed to and as little as I spotted of Khanna, He had my head spinning and eyes shining. But like the rest of the 'observant' me, my crushes were ethereal and subtle if I can use that word. I never looked at him and thought of myself as 'Mrs. Khanna" even in that hormonal teen phase. It was a beautiful, almost empowering feeling I got when I saw the peace in his eyes and the refinement in his body language. Then the realization dawned upon me that all my relationships were more or less balanced. I look at the people I love from a distance, drawing a lovely inspiration and a smug flutter in my heart and using it to be happy by myself - In theory, Rahul Khanna gives me the same joy as my father or daughter gives me. I'll leave it at that ;)

As I watched the QA session, I was probably watching with a smile plastered to my face, much like a parent would watch an evolved child. I was kind of amused that this has 30k views. I mean a nation of 1.3 Billion, that's not even a drop in the ocean. What's the world upto seriously? Watching item numbers in billions and counting?? We do need some taste injected into us ;)

So He cooks. He sketches? He smiles incessantly. He was good at writing essays! (Dayum) He talks about Tom Ford and a local Designer. He mentions his friend's book. He says "call me" with a smirk when someone says they find him hot! He says "be adaptable" - And people, Why would you ask him why Houndstooth is named that way? Are you delusional about him being Google? "Suit yourself" is all I would say and do a little swoon over how he makes sense of the etymology. Intelligence and all that!
Of course, age is a number! It doesn't need to be quoted and abused everywhere and everyhow! Specially when you are dealing with timeless specimens such as Mr. Khanna. And those eyes - Like infinity pools. Heck, let's say the Pacific - calm and peaceful :)

That gummybear art? Mr. Khanna are you Midas??

And his signature style is Simple! Did you hear? He doesn’t like to complicate things and is a minimalist! what? wait.... Bingo, Hallelujah, Holy Guacamole, ravioli, puran poli :)  Did u have a long lost sibling in Khumb mela Mr. Khanna? Pls check with your elders. I might know where she lives ;)

Oh I forgot to mention - when twitter wasn't really a thing, I created an account to just follow this dude. I'll swear on the Gita, Koran and Bible that he used to send personal messages to tweets. He did send me 3-4 messages that I have screen captures of. I am not asking you to believe me :D But just goes to say how he strives to fill that space between two humans, with that magic called connection.

So we'll come back to the 30k views. May your tribe increase Mr Poetry posing as a man. Or wait a minute - may my tribe increase! We need more of Bees to appreciate God's perfection.

Nuff Said. Now let me replay the video and swim in the Pacific.







No comments:

Post a Comment