Thursday, April 18, 2019

Day 16 - P for Poetic Injustice


Precious little petals of light
Luminous like Rudolph's nose
Swaying by my window sill
Staying company while I chill.
 They sparkle up my solitude
While at my desk I elude
The many mazes of this life,
Blooming joy and shooing strife.
Like the light at the end of the tunnel
Like the bliss of after life
They remind me this impermanence
As they bask by my wooden fence.
Shooting up for a little while
Parading their pretty smile
Now here, now gone
Mistresses of spring shining upon
This piddling life and middling lines.
As I applaud their perfect grace
As I string phrases in their praise
As I swoon and gasp, their beauty I grasp
Feeling clutched in their radiant clasp.

Pictured - The calla lillies that put up a show by my writing desk, playing my companions in my musings.



No comments:

Post a Comment