Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Verse


 

When you ask for my phone

I hesitate.

You insist and persist.

Of course  you win!

What's mine in here? 

There are no boundaries.

I feel encroached in thought 

And the tangibles alike -

Phones, laptops, soft toys

And such!

Since you win, you have it your way!

I didn't quiet care how you'd use

Err, or abuse it!

Thinking of the smudges you made 

On my slick oil pastels.

On them and with them

You dab and dabble creating a mess

That I take forever to erase!

Now what did you do?

I don't bother to check.

You come back, pulling me by the wrist.

My sore bones refuse to budge from 

the lean on the headboard

And the stretch on the bed.

But since you persist

I can't resist

Forever!

"You need to look at the sun"

You flash my phone and withdraw it

Before I catch a glimpse.

"You shot the sun?" I enquire

"That's why you should come and see!" 

You persist!

I drag my feet through the foyer

"Look" 

You sherik!

"That isn't the Sun you silly"

"That's the moon".

"Moon?"

"Yes - Sun doesn't rise at Seven PM, does it?"


"Ohhhh..." you emphasise the interjection

Like you finally get what I say!


But the mother in me, soaked in hormones

Internally swoons at the encroachment.

And brings it a paradigm shift!


There are teachers to teach you

Preachers to preach you.

Let me just lead by example!

For you to stop and stare

To capture and Share

The full moon that shines by our home

Moon, Sun, Salamander, Whatever - 

It's enough that you stop!

It's enough that you stare.

It's enough that you pause in this grind

And care to Share!


Pic - By my 8 yr old, captured on my mobile.



No comments:

Post a Comment