Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Day 4 - What happened to day Two?


What if Sunshine is your best friend? The potency of the crux of solar system questioned you about your location - If it is the Earth days that you go by or something else, if you had relocated to somewhere out of this green globe? What if you, in an attempt to dodge the confrontation said - How about Jupiter or Neptune? Only to know that moving to any of these would  make your attempt to escape even more silly? And Sunshine himself comes back and says - "Neither would justify - Their days are shorter than here!" And you have your Oops moment, not just because you flaked out on something you said you'd do, but also because your knowledge of Planetary science is equally questionable. Tch, tch, tch!

Then, this is what you do. You promptly open your laptop, log into your blog and stare at it like a lost child, not knowing what to do, up until you use the very nudge that prompted you to keep at a commitment you oh so proudly, metaphorically and poetically proclaimed to world wide brethren.
It isn't easy, this discipline thing, and I say this, despite claiming that writing is the most enjoyable job I appoint myself with and words are my best friends. And the actual reason of writing a 1000 words in here is an attempt to write several thousand words elsewhere - no prizes for guessing how filled up with words the elsewhere is by the way!

Truth be told, and in my defence, I did log into the blog on day two and day 3 - and even thought up of the ponders and uploaded my customary images - but then I don't remember what sidelined me - It was life perhaps, by and large, or it was laze. One of these - mostly life I want to say, though in heart of hearts I know this is open for argument. I come up with all excuses, like a textbook loser - I am working two jobs lately, IT employee by day and Movie buff by night - well, to be honest, this movie buff thingie has more to it than parking my backside on a couch with a bucket of popcorn but that we'll save for another day, or we'll just let it be. The point here is that I have a jam-packed day. How am I to make writing 1000 words a priority? And let's not forget the laundry, the uber duty and the three meals a day routine added to the corporate slave repertoire. Where were we at - again? Ah yes. Excuses.

While we are at excuses, I have to confess, that my life in the past five years had been a series of excuses forged carefully to  dodge all accountability to myself. It probably qualifies as a art form - this whole carefully curated package of excuses and procrastination generously sprinkled with stupor and candor about all that stupor. Only the other day when the numerical 2022 peered at me through my smartphone screen calendar, it suddenly struck me that half my life is most certainly over - and another half, I am not even sure of having. Shouldn't this realization change something in you or about you if it had to have the effect it had to have? Did I hear a yes? Right??

So the Monarch ordered something and no wonder he has filled up his book shelf with manuscripts he authored himself - and me the mere mortal wanting to be the Monarch is wasting away a limited, endangered resource, which happens to be time in general and life in specific.

Now, I make a vow yet again (do I hear a faint murmur from somewhere that vows are made to be broken? Ah..nevah mind. The great Saint Ramana Maharshi said that we'd all do what we are born to do - so I put the responsibility of me writing on the likes of Sunshine (Remember? I talked about him while we started off on this blog, he is the very reason I am here, punching in these keys) and on destiny and the path I am born to tread.

On retrospect, I do need to give myself some sort of credit - after all, the soul with the attention span of  a two year old, kept this blah alive for 18 years (and hopefully counting)
So back to the Monarch I go, to his discourse the course of my life adheres to.
And no, that isn't a vow.





2 comments:

  1. If only the sunshine knew this earlier, it may have peeked through even the darkest of curtains everyday. Yet, pray leave a sliver of an opening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.
    Dr Itua told me he can cure the following disease.Cancer,Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Diabetes,Parkison,Copd,Hepatitis.. Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp...+2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete