Wednesday, July 07, 2021

Ooem

 


Then I write, when I write
I feel a lack of words like a lack of breath!
Panting, I ponder 
I call a Verse, 'Reverse'.
I call a Poem an Ooem - Lisping my way through names.
When I watch through the looking glass
Of this perspective window
I capture things so minute, miniscule, invisible
That spotting them morphs me into thin air
And I become a ghost of the Ooem - I mean the Poem.

"The Visible is a hoax" - wisdom from the Ghost I had become
Whispers in my ears.
"It is" I tend to agree. 
And bend to see the hoaxes through the perceptive.
I touch the non palpable
It feels like a simulation
Like an emotional masturbation.
There's a fulfillment that flows in my being
Beyond the blood and flesh
And I drown in that bliss.
I experience that which cannot be
Captured by the eye, the taste, the sniff, the ear, the epidermis
Oh that's because I become a Ghost.
I do not know if it is the damned one or Holier than thou.
I don't seem to care to sort it into this or that.

I emote, in the abstract
Vacuum flowing through the keypad.
Next time around I might call it a Syric instead of a Lyric.
Does it matter what I call it?
Or even how I shape it?
It is a void for Heaven's sake - or for the sake of Timbuktu.
It cannot confirm to the container
Or a spelling rule.
It is there but it isn't.
So what's in a name.
An Ooem it is, not a Poem. Spilling through the abyss.

No comments:

Post a Comment