Monday, April 13, 2020

A-Z April - Day 11 - K for Knowing


Once, I walked 
kind of lost
Didn't know where the paths would guide
No wind wanes to lead the way
No lighthouses to shoot a beam.
I stood, froze in my track
Snuggled with fear.
Lost on a road unclear.
Isolated, muffling a tear!

I looked up at a speckled sky
Shimmering in its cloudless glory
I held my hands and said a prayer
"Lead me from this clueless despair."
A little flutter in the heart
Made me take a step of faith
There I saw a bridge of knowing
Leading the light to somewhere bright!
Step after step, led me ahead
With faith in my breath
I tread
Wondering where this knowing led.
When I reached the other end of the bridge
The lost, I found right within
The insides of my own being.


Pictured - The Bay bridge from my friend's apartment window.

No comments:

Post a Comment