Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Inspiration




When you stop by
Blessing me with a visit
Don't you sneak in and out
Making the sighting one sided.
Don't you linger around 
The borders of my world
Or spread like Irish moss
On the exposed aggregate 
By the arbor I hang around
Cushioning my feet, caressing my mojo!

When you stop by
To quench your yearning 
To steal a look at me
Just so you stabilize your pulse
Or so you fluctuate it further
To cause palpitations,
Don't you hover above like a speck
Guised as a bumble bee
Or a teensy weensy Hummingbird.
Let me devour you as you toy with me
Make it into a ploy with me
So you can enjoy with me
This peek a boo
Of perception.

For where's magic? I wonder?
Is it more in what I create?
Or more in what I notice!
When you grace your presence
And taunt me 
To see more than my eyes can
Hear more than my ears can
And feel more than this faint heart 
Can ever perceive by itself
My world opens up
To the small things
And my heart opens up
To the largeness in them.

And then...
I really live 
Beyond existence.


No comments:

Post a Comment