Saturday, September 28, 2019

conVerse



Ambiance - Late fall morning, bright and breezy.
Mood - Pensive - bring on the words :)
Looping - Jose Feliciano (form a time I didn't exist!)

I hate rain, he said.
It reminds me of things I wish to forget.
Of droplets I mean to hide
By quickly hushing them back in the peepers.

I hate rain, he said
It evokes a strangeness
That eludes all words
Like a subtle mention of things
Loved, lost, lived!

Why oh Why? She gasps in surprise?
Let's spin this another way
Give rain a chance.
It might inspire safety perhaps?
It might remind of happy flows
Of serendipity. Of precious echos.
Look, I love rain.

It reminds me of release
Of assertion, Of articulation
Of a whirl - that graces and satiates.
Like a catharsis, like a cleanse
That swoops all debris out
Of the rooftops.
Dripping through the gutters
Dribbling into the courtyard
And feeding the ground.

I rain for you, she said
Looking through the air!
Don't hate it. Give it a chance.
A chance that many
Might not be able to give themselves.
Let it drench you.
Let your peepers add to the surge
Let it help you merge
Into the sheets of streams
Let it clutch, let it quench.
Let go of that hate!
Let it let you celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment