Friday, August 30, 2019

Exposed

I step away
Leaving the childhood Maryjanes
By the door
Those shiny sparkly protectors
Under my tender feet
As rugged as they were ravishing
Like an armor of innocence 
Guarding from the sharp stones of reality
On this rocky road of life!

I transition from laughter and rapture
From the euphoric viewpoint of purity
Skipping through happy lanes
Losing balance
On slippery slopes of deception.
I peel off my trust
Shun my rosy lenses
As the blurred world comes into focus
For what it is, not how I see it.

I walk into existence, from ecstasy
Into harshness from harbored 
No umbrella of delight shading me
No golden sandals, no ruby slippers
Cushioning my steps.
There I stand face to face
With the wounds and scrapes of adulthood
Forever losing the child within
Once in a while
Wondering if she misses me
As much as I miss her!


No comments:

Post a Comment