Monday, May 06, 2019

I write....

By the virtue
Of stringing words 
With the flowers of feelings
I live
A Thousand lives.
Countless secondhand emotions
Find refuge
In my fingertips
Flowing straight
From the arteries of my heart!


I sense the flutters of love
The jitters of hopelessness
The pungency of betrayal - 
Only ones that are closest to you
Can subject you to!
Who else can shatter the heart?

Except those that you let hold it
In their reluctant hands,
Wishing that love 
Can be conjured out of
Someone who doesn't have it?

I crawl like a critter
Caring not, if I'd be trampled under a tire
Or a preoccupied foot step 
Or even a conscious one for that matter!
I fly like a bird
Searching for twine to weave a nest.
I slither like the stream
Washing away grime
Of polished stones
With something as fluid 
As water drops gushing in a flow.

I feel the smile of a child
Upon seeing the mom
His heart break 
When she leaves him in daycare -
Glassy eyed
Helpless acceptance.
I sense a teen's frustration
Of being lonely
In a group -
Trying to belong
Pleas of wanting to be left alone
While pining for attention.

I watch still things
Till I sense a movement in them
I see the untold
The mundane, the useless
That escapes the gaze 
Of a determined eye
With focus on the prize.
Then I write
Till all that heaviness
The intensity
Washes out in words
Purging out the torment
Of feeling a million sensations
That aren't mine
But mine - 
As I live a thousand lives.
I am glad!
I write...





                



No comments:

Post a Comment