Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Day 2 - B for Bring



"Did you cook already? I'll bring dinner" 

 "Not yet - I'll bring hunger!" 

 He smiles into his blue tooth and she senses it somehow. 

 "I'll bring a problem"

 "I'll bring perspective"

 He pauses for a second. He enjoys these spontaneity of hers and somehow tries to measure up. 

 "I'll bring anger" 

 "I'll bring peace"

 "I'll bring silence" 

 "I'll bring conversation"

 "What if I bring an argument?" 

 "We got that covered -I'll bring logic" 

 "Ok my turn now to bring first" She says. "I'll bring confusion"

 "What am I supposed to bring? Aren't I the one that brings confusion?" 

 "Do a role reversal you dumbo, and bring me some clarity"

 "You are my clarity, I am your confusion. Let's leave it at that!"

 "So you ran out of stuff to bring?" She taunts him mockingly.

 "Not yet - I'll bring a fight"

 "I'll bring a white flag" 

 "Dang" He mutters "I'll bring unruliness"

 "I'll bring understanding" 

 "You are holier than thou. Aren't you?"

 "Not so soon Hon...keep them coming - we aren't done yet!"

 "I'll bring desire" 

 "I'll bring love"

 "See? Didn't I tell you? You have to top it all Mrs.Holier than thou. 

I won't bring dinner. I am cross. You go cook now" 

 "I'll bring a brick" 

 He laughs out loud. "Okay okay - I give up. I'll bring dinner" 

 "That's better. I'll bring dessert - and Don't have ideas alright? - You'll have to sit with me and watch cake wars"

 "Done deal! I'll bring slumber" 

 "I'll bring surveillance and shake you out of the slumber" 

 "I cannot win with you"

 "You won me"

 "That's enough winning"

He smiles into his blue tooth again. And somehow she knows.


Picture courtesy - Alfalfa and Darla from Little Rascals (1994)

2 comments:

  1. ...and we'll bring the applauds

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh such fun , such terrific play with words and concepts
    thank you

    ReplyDelete