Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 23 - W for World Wide Web!

Internet, the biggest of inventions of the modern times, the medium that concised the world into a three lettered protocol, the wagon of knowledge, the source of entertainment, the treasure of communication and connection, the window that unfolds an- abyss of information right on the illuminated screen you are reading this weird blog entry - is what charms me the most about my day to day life. I neither have a very rocking social life, nor do I meet a lot of people on a daily basis, but thanks to the world wide web, I'd discovered friends from another decade, made in the school campus and temporarily forgotten in the mad rush of growing up, I'd gathered a lot of information on the free encyclopedia that lists any darn thing you can think of, and grooved to the Michael Buble number on youtube and brought alive many memories of childhood while watching videos form the past. I weaved a world of my own, feeling like a time traveler.I grew up without growing old, I honed my many hobbies looking for recipes of international cuisines that I'd only heard names of in my growing years, and learned many a form of art form reading tutorials of accomplished people in their respective fields. The world wide web, that let me have my own little space, my own little cocoon as I call it - that takes me on a metamorphosis into a better person in this little speck of a blog is what enhances my life like no other worldly connection. They say that a book can take us anywhere, but with the world wide web, I get to experience a rich audio visual that tickles my imagination, answers my many questions and sweetens my life with its presence.
If it were not for the internet, I'd have probably been scribbling these lines on my journal, like I used to do as a young adult - or may be, I'd have not had a chance to say the things I just said or experience the many joys of life that take me into the universe of a web, a wonder, a wilderness that contributes to my life in a very profound way.

2 comments:

  1. as i once famously said, it was the internet and wikipedia that Tagore was thinking of when he said in that inspiring poem of his '...where knowledge is free...'.

    courageous effort - to take up an A to Z post a day challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have put it better Arvind :-)

    ReplyDelete