Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Ponder

The other day, when Santu and I were watching Kal ho no ho, I'd said that the likes of Jenny mom's character exist only in imaginations of people like Karan Johar. We did'nt break into our usual argument, since what he'd said in response stuck me as 'not arguable' (which makes me realise that we don't argue for the sake of arguments and it is not generation gap that triggers those things - But that is a different blog altogether!)
So steering back, Santu said about Jenny mom's character that we do meet so many such women in real life but they just go unnoticed. "How true" I thought to myself. We do meet many selfless, unconditionally loving, uncelebrated Heroes in our day to day lives and we just do not notice them because their characters are not played by Mrs Big B on the celluloid! They form a part of a less dramatic, real life drama that actually inspires those tear jerkers in fiction. Yeah, sad but true.
So, the idea here is not to be a feminist and focus on women who are heroes. I am sure that there are many men who are too - like Vanraj in HDDCS! But for convenience and also a confusion free (read focused) point of view, I'll focus on women, not necessarily the likes of Jenny who actually forgive their husbands' affairs and raise the off springs of those deceptions like their own flesh and blood, but also on the ladies who are in general pretty selfless and devoted to their spouses and families in an exemplary manner.
I wish I could talk about all the women I know and all the sacrifices they make and examples they set on a day to day basis, going unnoticed and uncelebrated. I wish I could post their pictures and names. I wish I could dedicate a verse or two as a tribute to those Godly attitudes. Oh, I wish!
I wish I could write about them since being like them takes a lot more than what I have.
Here's to all those substitutes of our Heavenly Father (or Mother) who live lives to spread the light of love - Unconditionally!

1 comment:

  1. There was this lady down the lane in Hyderabad who was similar to Jenny's mom.I should say more than Jenny's mom.She raised two kids till they settled down in their lives n none of them were born to her but were born to her husband.I adore her very much

    ReplyDelete