Thursday, February 21, 2008

Recap

Here's something that I'd churned out exactly a decade ago. A time when rhyming was big and bold on my writing agenda.

Moments crawl like lazy long years,
Pain flows like limpid warm tears,
Missing you seems to be a world full of worries
When my heart is filled with the past memories.

Buried in the bliss of joyous yesterdays,
My heart remembers your sweet loving ways,
The shining smile which lights up my world.
The promises you've made, the sweet nothings you've told
When my heart remembers these lovely sweet things
It flies to you with memories as wings.

Drowned in the dullness of paining todays,
My thoughts are gloom and depressed always.
The fact that we are scattered apart
Pierces, pokes and rips up my heart.
And in that gloom pain flows like streams
And my thoughts revive themselves by hugging you in dreams.

Lost in the trance of pretty tommorrows,
My dreams dance in joy away form sorrows.
The lovely hope that we'd soon be together,
Colors my dreams and my hopes I gather.
And with gathered hopes my soul gaily flutters
And prompts me to write lengthy love letters!!

So, this is what it is. A poem as original as it could get. I wrote this in a break during my work. I was very young and I see my youth reflect in the awkward sentence formations and repetetion of words. I am amused though, about the way I incorporated yesterdays, todays and tommorrows into the poem even though the words like heart and thoughts sound like a broken record. I remember I'd written this effortlessly. I did not grapple to make it rhyme. I thought I'd written a masterpiece. This was like my swan song! I have a treasure of many such poems that reflect how I evolved as a person more than my writing talent. I hope to record them all here whenever I am not able to create something on the go :-))).

Grinning ear to ear, the owl signs off for tonight. The days ahead are very very busy. The owl hopes that she can afford to be nocturnal and creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment