Sunday, February 03, 2008

Midnight Profoundity.

I find myself reading more nursery rhymes now than all my family combined did in our kindergarden years. I wanted to raise a kid that'd love reading and I'd created a monster. Aarti doesn't quiet read yet, so she brings all her books to me and settles in my lap saying "amma eed" and she also makes out when I make up stuff and read when I am preoccupied.
So here's what stuck me about the rhymes that I'd heard eversince I was a child and all along till now. They are meaningless barring a few. They are almost lymerics but longer than four lines. So I though, I could on the fly, just makeup some rhymes. I mean, isn't it easier to write non sense? LOL.

So here goes

Computer computer,
You are better than my tutor
You tell me many things
That grow me wings
To go and explore
And learn about folk lore
Because being nocturnal
Can be a big bore.

Whew...looks like I ammaking sense.

Let me try again. May be with a kiddish theme where Ann sits on the mat

Ann sat on the mat
To play with her cat
The cat came to Ann
And Ann gave her a pat.
The cat wanted Ann
To give her a hat
So Ann gave the cat
a hat instead of a pat.

Okay...this turned out to be on the lines of a tongue twister.

I should try something really really fasicnating like the cow jumping over the moon and the dish eloping with the spoon.

The stripes on the zebra
flew away to the cobra
The straw in the sipper
wanted to wear a slipper
The number eighty eight
Worried about her weight
And the difficult division sign
can't begin to end it's whine.
Monkey, the eternal cribber
Cribbed about the rubber
On the tires of his truck
That got worn out in a click.

Okay, I better stop here before the readership of this blog dwindles to zero.

Anyway, writing non sense is not a big deal. Just like taking an exam that doesn't grade us or selling an item that is free. LOL. So before the profoundity touches its peak, I'll stop blogging and work on my beauty sleep:-0

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of Sri Sri writing,

    "Kukka pilla, sabbu billa, aggi pulla kaadedi kavithaki ananrham, avvunuoun silpha manargham."

    No pun intended. good writing..

    ReplyDelete