Friday, August 18, 2006

Smile.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, this one is worth a million. My pint sized star, with her twinkling eyes and heartful smile won over the intensive care nursery when she was just a couple of days old. She went thru an ordeal tougher than her mom's. Stayed in the ICN when all of us were at home. She had a character about her, She had feelings to convey and stories to tell. Everytime I took her out of the incubator and those bright billy lights, she would open her eyes ever so slightly and give me a smile. "Mom, don't worry" she seemed to convey - "I am stronger than I appear to be"
Aarti taught me a lot in life, even when she was only hours old. I learnt from her that life is a battle that should be won with a smile. A journey that unfolds umpteen experiences - of joy, sorrow and most importantly love. She taught me what unconditional love is. When I held her for the fist time, I knew she is here to brighten my life with that smile and enrich it with a love that is beyond all words.

1 comment:

  1. The sweet little thing has gone thru a lot..it doesnt show.Not even in her snap that was displayed in yr pix as 1st snap

    ReplyDelete