Tuesday, April 19, 2005

What can be done???

My fascination for spectacles dates back to 1996. I was this independent , working teenager employed by the largest employer in Asia. I took a lot of pride in what I did though it was just answering questions on a bunch of madly ringing phones about train timings and punching platform tickets and marking the hour issed with a reynolds pen.
I was working on night shifts and decided that it was time I get my eyes checked.
Without much ado, I went to get them checked. To my utter delight I was prescribed glasses. (though the power I had was almost normal) They probably made me look twice as wise as I really am, or twice as appealing. My love affair with specs started at that time.
A few months passed and I was sick and tired of a frame sitting on the bridge of my nose. I slowly fell out of love with glasses.
Ok, a few years passed and my love was born again. This time in 2001 in a totally different piece of land. I got my first pair of glasses here and then my second and then my third. The doc says I have astigmatism. I never wear them when I am supposed to wear (that is when I watch TV and drive) but I alway carry them to the movies. I have a glasses curse though. I lost my third pair of glasses a couple of days ago. I need to trace them out. I need to go to the movies soon. Valentina is going to ask me to accompany her sometime soon.
Teens became twenties and my fascination for glasses has not died out a bit. I wear them for all the wrong reasons, forget them in the wrong places and always end up choosing the wrong styles. Movies and glasses are married though and I am convinced that they are:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment