Thursday, January 16, 2014

Beholder

Am I really that special?
She asks!
I fail to see what you behold!
"Do I tug on a cord of your heart?
Can I believe what you just told?"
You tell me I light up,
Your life and heart..
In a crowd of  lasses, I'm class apart!
My eyes you say, like stars they shine,
My smile is nothing short of divine!
Does my pout truly hold you in awe?
My hair you insist, is simply wow.
Can I believe, what you just told?
You call me your own pot of gold!
But into the mirror, when I glance,
I wonder if you're lying by chance!
My brown skin looks dull and dark..
My eyes don't sport a pretty spark!
My missing teeth, they mock my smile,
I lack the look, I lack the style..
My buddies call my hair a nest..
Then how can someone call me the best?
"Beauty, my dear" the mom replies,
Shines in thoughts, and the heart it lies..
When your pure thoughts pour out,
My life, they touch..
Pretty faces don't really count for much..
The ones that love you for who you are..
See the beauty in your heart, my twinkling star!











1 comment: