Monday, February 23, 2009

In Search Of!

What are you looking for?
Verse asked me!
I wore a perplexed expression
And looked back to see if she was talking to someone else.
No - She wasn't.
I was stuck with a question
That hadn't an answer.
A question that wasn't a question at all?
In that very flash of a second, I look within.
For answers, for reasons why I look
Like I am looking for something.
Am I really?
I figured I am.
Verse looks back at me,
Repeats her query
Looking me in the eye.
Her face stern, her mood serious!
Now, I have an answer.
An ambiguous one.
I know I am looking for many things.
How many can I name? None.
Is it peace? Is it identity?
Is it just a little spirituality?
Is it wealth? Is it love?
Tell me how I can answer this. Tell me now!!
May be it is not many a thing.
May be it's just one.
That one thing I wish to find
And put all searches behind.
I search for zebra print bags
And earrings I misplaced.
I search for ways to keep the house clean
I search for instructions to be a mom!
I search for the perfect jeans,
And T shirts with side slits.
And bottle green brocade saris
But all these quests just seem empty.

I still am in search of something
And verse still look at me
With hopes to find an answer.

For now I am in search of an answer!
An answer that can convince her
That I indeed know what I am looking for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment