Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Repair.

"C" pops out falling prey to little fingers - curious, destructive or plain bored. No clue why! I collect the bits of the key like a little girl treasuring her tooth to barter it for some moolah. On a different note, tooth fairies are morons! Don't you think? I place all the wee parts together. The key doesn't seem to find its usual spring. It gets stuck in an awkward angle printing "x" or "v" instead of itself. So "c" ends up in an identity crisis. I interwine to do something about the situation. The look and learn, I pry out "b" and break its dainty back. Now I grapple with both B and C. I grapple in present continous tense.

For the time being, my laptop looks like a young girl with two alternate front teeth knocked out. The keys with the delicate skeletons sit on the night stand carefully placed on the top of a bottle of Tylenol hoping for a laptop fairy to come and trade them for some bucks. I wish to wake up and find permanent keys grow back :-)

Wishful thinking also calls for wishing not to create one problem in hopes of solving another. "Re-Pair, Re-Think"

4 comments:

  1. wonderful! and until those keys "grow" back, it would be interesting to see how a blog looks like without a "b" or "c" in it...
    this _log is _reated in the a_s_en_e of two important keys on my laptop the "_" and "_".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ji Ravi. I am pausing to type them. It is kind of hard, and kind of weird to type that way:-)

    And C and B have company today. H is also under weather . me thinks it is time for a new laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Bush. I never realized you were such a good writer and a poet.

    I love the poem 'Mystery' - I could completely relate to the phrase where you say "I look at myself in the mirror and see a stranger/mystery", something in those lines :)

    Becoming a Writer was and is on my todo ambition/career/hobby list, which also includes many other things like becoming a photographer, a model, a fashion designer, a pilot, a horse rider, a surfer(who can't swim), rock climber(who is afraid of heights), a parachute jumper (again afraid of heights) and many more other crazy things....

    Ok, back to your writing, this is great, did you take any writing courses, would love to know how you started. I love the serials like Sex and the City, Ally McBeal, Grey's Anatomy because the writers have done such a great job of writing these, the main characters are always analyzing their and others actions/reactions/prespective in a beautiful web of words.

    Again all I can say is wow.

    ReplyDelete