Thursday, April 17, 2008

It is here.

My Valentine Day gift got a bit tardy this time around. It arrived here on the 16th instant. I chose and paid for it with my Amex that will be paid by Sarat. So technically it is a gift he got me though he doesn't have a clue of anything except, perhaps, the price. LOL.

The MWS-1840 model made by Franklin came with a nifty companion - The ultra sleek and portable book-mark dictionary. I being the bargain hunter I am, refuse to pay retail for for most things I buy barring stuff like flour and rice :-) So after hunting for coupons and codes, I'd found this for $30 off retail plus the $50 worth freebie thrown in. The utterly opposite appearing siblings sit by the night stand, tucked in one of the many little pouches that was hibernating in a paper bag under the bathroom sink. The discovery of the pouch in question saved me the trouble to sew one myself.

Aarti seems to be endlessly fascinated by both the thingies. So I'd not really had a chance to play around with them. I am all geared up to get acquainted with PG Wodehouse now, since I'd missed running into him during those numerous trips back and forth in the dust laden isles of our school library.

So here goes my prophecy. I might end up learning a word or two. What does that mean to you? It means to you that I might actually start to stop being so repetitive with my words. And who knows? Wodehouse might actually sprinkle a seed or two in my clayed brain after adding a thought of some soil conditioner to break the clay loose. Then the rocket science of writing blogs might actually become a simple task of enjoying a piece of cake. So, so kindly, kind readers, I might actually prove myself of being worthy of your time and attention without compromising on originality - I humbly promise!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh! P.G.Wodehouse!!!!!! Go for it girl! Not to add to your vocabulary, but for the sheer enjoyment of reading!
    Me?? I am an ardent fan, nay worshipper, of the Master Craftsman of Ingenuous Wordplay!!

    ReplyDelete