Saturday, March 22, 2008

Incarnation

Sitting relaxed
Looking at the expanse of the world around
I enjoy the cool of being
Under your shade of protection.

Your grandiose persona
spreads itself
Like the branches of an evergreen
Basking under its shade
In a mystic ecstasy
I savour the bliss
Of knowledge -
Of knowing, Of loving,
Of living and giving.

Seasons change, leaves of blessings fall
Like cascades
Showering upon me
Countless wishes
Eternal hopes.
Your sacrifices, Your services
transform
Into a worthwhile life like mine
And many more like mine.

You make me into a form
Nurturing me in the womb of your love.
I thrive on your affection
On your attention
Your devotion.

Curtains of gratitude fall
On the eyes of emotion
Hands join, lips whisper
Thanking a formless God
For giving you in alms
To a soul starving
For a glimpse of the Omnipresent
In your form
O mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment