Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Memories.

I somehow started prefering an abstract writing form to the solid prose which is too much of work for my lazy mind. It also lets me feign poetry. LOL. English being what it is and I being what I am, I stick to the easier way for now since it is already past midnight and the owl in me is kind of unusually asleep today:-)
So please look through spelling as I am almost sleep-typing now and as I'd said, the spell check doesn't work which forces me to add that I am a techno moron added to the many more morons I already am.

Greased, soft tresses,
Washed with Aveeno
A tiny bundle of joy
Turns two today.
Mom plays with her
Like she is her custom made
Version of 'Baby Alive'.
Mustard brown contrasted
with maroon accents her
Flawless skin.
Tiny bangles like circles of color
stack on those dainty hands
As if she is a christmas tree.
She amuses everyone saying
'Anemone" when asked where Nemo lives.
"Nemo Tucch the boath" she keeps
Repeating to all her friends.
An off pitch and off tune
Birthday song plays in full throated ease
When she sets her eyes on a
Tres Leche decorated with
Strawberry shortcake.
Now in a yoke frock
Made out of the softest cotton
Which makes her more cuddly,
She walks around
Almost in a dance like glide
Blowing kisses and offering hugs
To all her admirers.
Happy, bright
and quick to repeat words
that fall in her ear shot
Reminding people of a parrot,
She sprinkles "please"
On her every request
Like an extra helping of brown sugar
In the White chocolate mocha
Her mom craved for, when she
Carried her.
A dimpled cheek and and extra pinky toe,
Dextirity stronger on her left side,
She croons happy birthday
Off tune and off pitch
But nothing else can be more
Music to the blessed mom's
Ears, than that very sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment