Sunday, February 24, 2008

A list.

I'll start by naming a few ladies that inspire me.
J K Rowling is my Goddess - she is British and the only writer billionaire in the history of literature.
Bobbi Brown is another idol of mine - The make-up entrerpruner who created the 'Bobbi Brown' Line of cosmetics. She looks like a history professor BTW.
Laura Gellar, the hollywood make up artist is another woman that comes to mind. Nerdy, over weight and as plain as it can get, She rules the make-up scenario in 90210 and everyone from Pamelas to Carmens are molded by this larger than life icon.
Hillary Clinton, the lady behind the president, the president wannabe! A sure shot icon. I wish she'd divorce the day she comes into office, if she does. Or probably, her strong personality and grace that came across during the Levinsky fiasco is what makes me adore her. Perhaps her unconditional love is what makes her my icon.
Sonia Gandhi - The uncrowned queen. I simply adore her character, Her posie, Her personality. The day she renounced the primeministership, she became immortal.
Oprah - her magazine O is the only exception and I love her and every thing she believes in, endorses and advocates, I seem to agree without my notice. She influences my "to read" list as well!
Leslie Blodgett, CEO, president of Bare Escentuals is another woman of substance. I love the way she'd turned mineral makeup into a cult. Her line is on best seller's list in Sephora, ULTA and ever place she sells them. Her zeal to connect with the common woman is unbelievable. Her business sense is impeccable. Her philosophy is utterly believable. She is a true symbol of women empowerment. Now if I can only get to work in BE coporate - Ah, how I wish!

Ellen Degeneres - Dory, stand up comedinne, not afraid of being what she is and funny like never before. She beams on the icon list bright and positive.

To be continued. The shitty first draft is up for publishing. I cannot believe my nerve!

No comments:

Post a Comment